Recreation Services offers NIU faculty and staff affordable memberships at a convenient, on-campus location.
Members enjoy access to the Student Recreation Center (SRC), Chick Evans Field House (FH), and Gable and Anderson pools during open recreation hours, which adds up to more than 136 hours of drop-in recreation time per week.
Benefits of the Rec Center:
- access to 34 group fitness classes per week.
- arrange one free personal training session.
- arrange one free nutrition consultation.
- cardio area with treadmills, cross trainers, ellipitcals, bikes and more.
- cardio theater to watch TV or listen to music from any cardio station
- complete line of selector- and plate-loaded weight stations
- a three-lane, one-fifth-mile track
- racquetball/walleyball courts
- eight multipurpose courts for basketball, volleyball, tennis, badminton, and table tennis
Benefits of the Field House:
- men’s and women’s locker rooms with saunas
- a cardio and strength training room with treadmills, elliptical trainers, bikes, climbers and a 12-station weight-selector, strength-training circuit
- a three-lane, one-seventh-mile track
- four multipurpose courts for basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, and floor hockey
- men’s and women’s locker rooms
Benefits of Gabel and Anderson pools:
- five-lane, 25-yard lane pools with open and lap swimming times
- locker rooms
- diving boards at Anderson.
[jwplayer config=”NIU Default Single Video” mediaid=”15781″]
Online registration makes it easy to register. If paying by credit card, register from the convenience of your own computer. If paying by cash, check or payroll deduction, come to the SRC to register. Payroll deduction offers easy and affordable payments.
For more information, call (815) 753-0231.