The Center for Access-Ability Resources is here to provide resources for students with disabilities as well as provide resources to the campus community about disabilities.
Throughout the fall and spring semesters, the Center for Access-Ability Resources will host events for students, faculty and staff in an effort to increase understanding of various disabilities.
The first event, Deaf Awareness Week, will occur from Monday, Nov. 1, thorugh Friday, Nov. 5.
Featured programs will include:
- Monday, Nov. 1: Neal Buchholz: One Man Show (7 p.m. in the Carl Sandburg Auditorium of the Holmes Student Center).
- Tuesday, Nov. 2: Deaf Town (7 p.m. in the Regency Room of the Holmes Student Center).
- Wednesday, Nov. 3: Juan Bernal: Last Lecture in the Deaf Culture (7 p.m. in the Sandburg).
- Thursday, Nov. 4: Songs, Stories & Prose: ASL and the Arts (9 p.m.m in the Sandburg).
- Friday, Nov. 5: Coffee Chat, featuring a Deaf panel (7 p.m. in the Illinois Room of the Holmes Student Center).
Additional details about disability resources, including Deaf Awareness Week, can be found at www.niu.edu/caar.
For more information, contact Jenifer Montag, DeafPride faculty adviser, at (815) 753-1694 (phone), (815) 753-3000 (TTY) or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.