The following resources are available to the NIU community in response to the developments this weekend in the disappearance of Toni Keller.
Counseling for Students
- Monday through Wednesday, counseling services will continue to be available at the Counseling and Student Development Center from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Call (815) 753-1206 for more information.
Support for Faculty and Staff
- Appointments are available at the Employee Assistance Program (Holmes Student Center, 7th floor). Call (815) 753-9191.
- Call (815) 753-4NIU (4648) from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Late Night Ride Service Extended
- The Late Night Ride Service provides free door-to-door rides to NIU students.
- Service hours are extended daily from 4 p.m. to 8 a.m. until further notice.
- Call (815) 753-2222 to request a ride.
Security Escorts Available On Campus
- Security escorts for NIU students, faculty, staff and visitors are available in and around campus on a 24-hour basis.
- Call (815) 753-1212 to request a security escort.
Restricted Access to Residence Halls
- Until further notice, campus residence hall access will be restricted to hall residents only.
- Students will need their official NIU OneCard to gain access.
- Avoid walking alone after dark and always walk with others.
- Use the NIU Huskie Patrol (815-753-9658) or Late Night Ride (815-753-2222) services.
- Don’t wear headphones or use other electronics that distract you.
- Tell people where you are going and when you expect to return.
- Keep to well-lit, busy routes.
- Avoid shortcuts and isolated areas.
- Have your keys ready as you approach your vehicle, and look inside before getting in.
- Additional safety and security information is available online.