Students interested in Alternative Spring Break have more opportunites to learn about the trips and fundraising.
Informational sessions are scheduled for 7 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 12, and Tuesday, Oct. 19, in the Lincoln Hall Commons (Tower A). A fundraising seminar will take place at 8:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 21, in the Douglas Hall Smart Classroom.
Past Alternative Spring Breakers will be present to answer any and all questions. For more information, contact Becky Harlow at (815) 753-6703 or e-mail [email protected].
Destinations and missions for Spring 2010 include:
- New Orleans
- Disaster Relief: Working thorugh “Hands on New Orleans,” teams will rebuild a home for at least one family
- Working with (at-risk) children: Through “Katrina’s Kids,” teams will help out in elementary classroom and after-school programs where needed
- Eastern Kentucky, Appalachian region
- Rural Poverty: Teams will help numerous families with services they are unable to afford.
- Animal Safari: Teams will work with endangered animals.