A retirement specialist from the State Universities Retirement System (SURS) will be on campus from Monday, Nov. 8, through Wednesday, Nov. 10, to meet with individual employees to discuss retirement estimates.
Meetings will take place inthe Holmes Student Center. The deadline to schedule an appointment is Friday, Oct. 8.
To qualify for an appointment, an employee must:
- be within 4 years of anticipated retirement, and
- not have completed an annuity estimate from SURS within the last year.
To begin the SURS process of scheduling an appointment, eligible employees must complete an estimate request form on-line at the employee’s (SURS Member) “Member Home” page.
This form asks the employee to provide:
- Anticipated retirement dates.
- Current salary.
- Future expected annual salary increases.
- Sick leave and vacation accumulations.
- The employee must provide SURS with sick leave/vacation information on the request form if it is to be included in the projections. SURS does not have access to employer records of sick leave and vacation. If an employee wishes to have anticipated payments from eligible sick leave or vacation accruals included in the SURS estimate, the employee should provide the amount of the payment and the projected date (date of retirement) such payment will be made.
- Other credits such as eligible service credit purchases or reciprocal service.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The accuracy of retirement annuity estimates depends on the information provided to SURS. The actual retirement annuity can vary from the estimates provided. Final benefit determination is subject to SURS calculations, verified dates of service and the provisions of Chapter 40, Articles 1, 15, and 20 of the Illinois Compiled Statutes. An estimate request is not an application for retirement. Employees must submit a retirement application to SURS to initiate a retirement claim.
After completing and submitting the estimate request form electronically, call SURS at (800) 275-7877 by Friday, Oct. 8, to schedule an appointment. SURS will schedule appointments on a “first-come, first-served” basis.
For questions regarding scheduling an appointment or more information, call (800) 275-7877.