LUCY — Let Us Connect You — is the 24-7 service available from Information Technology Services that connects to everyone at NIU.
Whether you’re looking to call a student, faculty, staff or even a department, LUCY’s got your number. And, although LUCY has been around for a few years, the system recently was upgraded.
If you have not tried LUCY, ITS invites you to check it out and let us know how you feel. Call Lucy at (815) 753-4000, and ask for a person (faulty, staff or student) or department. Then tell us … “How is LUCY doing?” … we’d like to hear how LUCY works for you!
If LUCY does not pronounce a name correctly, e-mail [email protected].
LUCY do’s and don’ts
- Speak normally. LUCY understands normal speech patterns.
- Use first name and last name (no middle initial).
- You can “barge-in” – no need to wait for the prompt.
- Although it works over a speaker, you may get better results using the handset.
- Talking with background noise or with food or gum in your mouth could hamper LUCY’s effectiveness.