Attention, freshmen: NIU has created an exciting new program called MAP-WORKS.
MAP-Works is a web-based survey tool designed to assist new freshmen with their transition into college life and to help them understand the steps necessary to persist towards graduation.
Beginning last week, and continuing periodically throughout your freshmen year, you will be e-mailed a link to an online survey. Simply answer a few questions, and the program will provide you with a personalized report detailing the specific steps you will need to take in order to reach your goals.
In addition to receiving an NIU gift for each survey you complete, there are other benefits as well. For example, students who completed the MAP-Works survey last year:
- performed far better than students who chose not to participate in the program;
- earned GPAs one point higher;
- completed an additional course (or three more credit hours);
- were less likely to be placed on academic probation;
- benefitted from additional direct and individualized staff support and assistance.
For more information about this program, check your student e-mail or visit the Office of Student Academic Success website.
If you have any questions about the MAP-Works program, call (815) 753-5721 or e-mail [email protected].