Parking permits for 2017-2018 will be available for sale online at Campus Parking Services starting Thursday, June 15.
All university employees can purchase parking permits online. Our new AIMS (Automated Issuance Management System) parking management system provides you convenient access to your parking account information. The ability to buy a permit, pay a ticket and look up your account information is at your fingertips by using your current employee login ID and password.
Hang tags may be purchased annually or by semester. Blue window decals are available on an annual basis only. An annual motorcycle permit may be purchased at the discounted rate by those with a valid vehicle permit (excluding green permits).
We have a free parking option to any interested faculty, staff, student or visitor. Those who take advantage of this option will receive a green permit, which allows you to park remotely in Lot C3 on the west side of campus.
“For NIU employees, the Board of Trustees authorized a plan through which the purchase of a parking permit can be made as a tax-free benefit through payroll deduction (excluding motorcycle permits). Payments may be deducted over as many as 12 pay periods depending on the permit purchased. This tax advantage does not apply to any other payment option.”
When purchasing a parking permit, three payment options are available:
- Tax-free payroll deduction
- Credit card
How to Purchase a Parking Permit
- Online: Faculty and staff are highly encouraged to purchase parking permits online. To purchase, simply go to the AIMS website. Permits will be mailed to the address you provide. No additional fee is applied for this option.
- In–Person: Parking permits may be purchased at Parking Services beginning June 15, 2017. Campus Parking Services is open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. There is an additional $10 fee applied to all permits purchased in person, excluding reserved permits.
- Group Method: Faculty and staff may also use the “group method” when submitting parking renewal forms. A department representative mails or brings in the completed forms for all the individuals. Make sure forms are completely filled out and signed to avoid delay in processing. Please provide the name and phone number of a contact person. We will call when the permits are ready for pick up. Renewal forms are available on our website. There is an additional $10 fee applied to all permits purchased via this method, excluding reserved permits.
- By mail: Print and complete the vehicle registration form. Mail the form and your check (payable to NIU) for the amount of the permit. You may also select payroll deduction preference. The parking permit will be mailed to you within three business days of receiving your order. There is an additional $10 fee applied to all permits purchased by mail, excluding reserved permits.
Mail the completed form to:
Northern Illinois University
Campus Parking Services
121 Normal Road
DeKalb, IL 60115
Please note you are at risk of receiving tickets if a valid parking permit is not displayed in your vehicle. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us at (815) 753-1045 or firstname.lastname@example.org.