Hiring process goes paperless; training continues
The process of searching and applying for jobs at NIU has a new look and the entire hiring process is now online for the following employee classifications: faculty, supportive professional staff, civil service, extra help and post docs. The new system is powered by PeopleAdmin, a leading provider of applicant tracking software and on-demand human resources solutions.
This new software allows for the collection of employment applications online, electronic screening of candidates, distribution of applications electronically to hiring managers and/or search committees and communication with candidates via e-mail.
It also offers a number of automated processes that will significantly improve the current hiring process. Some additional key capabilities and benefits of the applicant tracking software include the ability to:
- Collect employment applications and materials online, eliminating the data entry and potential errors associated with traditional paper-based hiring processes
- Provide automated status updates to candidates, improving communications and relationships with job applicants
- Distribute employment applications to hiring managers online, saving time from downloading or scanning and emailing applications
- Provide hiring managers and search committee members the ability to log in and view applicant pool information electronically wherever internet is available
- Provide frequent and automated communication between hiring manager and HR regarding the status of their request
- The ability to view where the request is at in the approval process
- Allow candidates to update and edit their profile and resume and apply for multiple positions without having to re-do the application entirely
Additional training sessions are scheduled for employees who are responsible for processing or approving paperwork during the hiring process:
- Tuesday, March 14 – 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 16 – 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m.
Contact Mollie Montgomery at email@example.com to reserve your spot at a training session.
To access the new system, as well as training guides and other instructions, visit http://go.niu.edu/employment/.