NIUâ€™s Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning is now accepting applications for the Huskie Research Rookies program for the 2014-2015 academic year.
The Research Rookies program links students with faculty mentors in their major or area of interest to conduct a small-scale research project.
Students applying for the Research Rookies program must be an incoming freshman, sophomore, or transfer student with less than 60 credits. Students must also be committed to participate in the program for two semesters (Fall 2014 & Spring 2015). Highly motivated students with an intended major are encouraged to apply.
Each Research Rookie will gain experience presenting his/her research at the Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learningâ€™s annual Undergraduate Research and Artistry Day, scheduled Wednesday, April 22.
Students selected for the Research Rookies program will:
- Learn what research looks like in their field of study
- Learn how to write a formal research proposal
- Gain experience working alongside talented faculty
- Attend a formal reception to recognize the 2014-2015 class of students
- Receive a $500 stipend at the completion of the program
- Create relationships with other devoted students on campus