To showcase the creativity of NIU students, President Doug Baker is inviting artistic students across campus to submit their designs for the official 2013 NIU holiday card.
Twelve winners each will receive $100 in scholarship money and see their artwork featured on the university’s holiday cards sent to friends and supporters of the university.
Basic theme ideas for the contest include NIU during winter, holiday celebrations and emotions evoked by the holiday season.
Other themes are acceptable.
- The contest is open to all NIU students, not just those studying art.
- Artists should take into consideration that the holiday cards will be printed in a 5-inch-by-7-inch format.
- If chosen, the original artwork must be available for photographic documentation.
- Entries must be photographed and formatted at 72 dpi and placed on a CD labeled with the artist’s name, phone number and email address.
- All CDs submitted must be accompanied by a completed entry form.
- Entries must be turned in to Cheryl Fuller in the Studio Art office in Room 414 of the Visual Arts Building.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, Oct. 28. Winners will be announced Monday, Nov. 4.
For more information, call (815) 753-3801 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.