NIU’s fall 2013 career events offer students and job-seekers the chance to network and to impress potential employers.
This autumn features NIU’s annual Graduate & Professional School Fair, Internship Fair and Full-time Job Fair.
Meanwhile, two workshops are planned to help students prepare: “ABCs of Getting an Internship” and “Navigating the Fairs and Creating Your 30-second Introduction.”
- Tuesday, Oct. 15, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Holmes Student Center, Duke Ellington Ballroom.
- Recruiters from all over the United States will attend.
- Dress is casual; résumés not required.
- Tuesday, Oct. 22, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. NIU Convocation Center.
- More than 80 employers seeking to hire NIU students for internships have registered so far.
- Admission is free for this event.
- Wednesday, Oct. 23, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. NIU Convocation Center.
- Admission is free for all current NIU students to attend.
- Fees are $5 for alumni and $10 for non-NIU attendants.
Navigating the Fairs and Creating Your 30-second Introduction
- Monday, Oct. 14, 4:30 to 6 p.m., Barsema Alumni and Visitors Center, 231 N. Annie Glidden Road.
This preparation workshop is designed to help you make the most of the job fair by providing strategies for engaging with employers at the fairs. Hear from Career Services’ professionals and current NIU students, who have been successful at the fairs, on how you can make the best possible first impression with employers seeking to hire Huskies!
ABCs of Getting an Internship Workshop (sponsored by Kohl’s)
- Wednesday, Oct. 16, 4:30 to 6 p.m., Holmes Student Center, Regency Room
Employers today are relying on internships as an important source for identifying and hiring new talent. Whether you are a freshman student or senior, internships are essential for your career-life after college.
MORE HELP IS AVAILABLE
Research the companies. Rehearsing elevator speeches. Dress professionally. Bring plenty of résumés. Perfect your interview skills. Use NIU’s job search system – Huskies Get Hired! –where employers find new talent for jobs and internships, and where NIU students can create, upload and publish their résumés.
For more information, call (815) 753-1641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.