- Kelli M. Childress, Kane County public defender, St. Charles, Ill.;
- Vincent F. Cornelius (’89), The Law Office of Vincent F. Cornelius and third vice president of the Illinois State Bar Association, Wheaton, Ill.;
- The Honorable James F. Holderman, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois;
- Leanne Ebert Murphy, Commercial Services director/Law Department, Walgreen Co., Deerfield, Ill.;
- Janet A. Pioli (’84), shareholder, Brinks Hofer Gilson & Lione, Chicago; and
- Denise Schoenbachler, dean, NIU College of Business.
Rosato said she is excited to work with the new members.
“I am honored that these distinguished individuals have accepted our invitation to join our Board of Visitors,” she said. “Their diverse backgrounds, depth of experiences, and reputations in the community will be an invaluable resource to the NIU College of Law.”
The new members were appointed to a three-year term and will attend the fall meeting of the Board of Visitors, scheduled Saturday, Oct. 26, at the NIU College of Law.
The meeting will be held in conjunction with the dedication of the Kenneth and Ellen Chessick Practice Center. Board of Visitor member and NIU Law alumnus Ken Chessick (’84) and his wife Ellen were the lead donors of the new indoor training cnter. The 83,500-square-foot facility will house a full-size football practice field, four-lane track, batting cages and other features to allow for multi-sport use throughout the winter.
Established in 1992, the Board of Visitors serves in an advisory capacity to the dean. The board also assists in developing strategies for enhancing the reputation, resources, and financial support of the College of Law and provides a link between the college and the legal community.