Then “Get on the Bus” and enjoy the ride!
The NIU Art Museum schedules the trip, makes the itinerary and arrangements. Travelers need only sign up and prepay by the posted deadlines.
Unless otherwise specified, all trips depart from the NIU Visual Arts Building parking lot on NIU’s DeKalb campus at the northeast corner of Gilbert and College avenues.
To register for these trips, visit the NIU Art Museum (first floor, west end of Altgeld Hall), call (815) 753-1936 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. A valid parking permit is needed to park on campus during the week.
Payment can be made in advance with cash, a check made out to NIU or a major credit card. Payment must be made in advance to guarantee your seat on the bus. Only checks and exact cash payments are taken on the bus.
Dates and prices of bus trips are subject to change, and trips are frequently added throughout the year. Check online for the most updated information.
- This trip will take place on one of the final days of this highly acclaimed Impressionism, Fashion and Modernity show. Bus departs NIU Visual Arts Building parking lot at 10:30 a.m.; return arrival at 6:45 p.m. Payment covers transportation. Members: $12; student/senior citizen non-members: $15; others: $18. Museum entry and meals on own.
- AIC members have free admission to the Art Institute. General ticket admission at the Art Institute: Adult: $23; student/senior citizen non-AIC members: $17. Audio tours: $6.
- Registration/payment deadline: Thursday, Sept. 19
After Hours Gallery Viewing at Packer Schopf & Comedy,
Burlesque Show at the Everleigh Social Club
Friday, Oct. 4
- Michelle L’Amour’s Wiggle Room show runs from 10 p.m. to midnight; plan for a private after-hours gallery viewing in West Loop followed by dinner out before the show. Transportation, private after-hours gallery viewing, Wiggle Room tickets: $45. Dinner and alcohol on own. Must be 21 or older. Dress code enforced. Call the museum for details. There will be a pick-up and drop-off in Naperville as well. DeKalb departure: 2 p.m.; Naperville departure: 2:40 p.m.; Naperville return arrival: 1 a.m.; DeKalb return arrival: 2 a.m.
- Registration/payment deadline: Wednesday, Oct. 1
Private Arts and Crafts Collection and Artist Residency Tour
Friday, Oct. 25
- North Shore guided tours offers a special opportunity to visit an amazing decorative art collection at Crab Tree Farm and the extraordinarily inspiring creative site of Ragdale Artist Residency. This trip will be limited a small group. Transportation and tours: $50. Lunch costs are on own. Bus departs the NIU Visual Arts Building parking lot at 7:30 a.m.; return arrival at 6:45 p.m.
- Registration/payment deadline: Wednesday, Oct. 9
Chicago History Museum, 50 Years of Ebony Fashion Fair:
Inspiring Beauty and Vivian Maier’s Chicago
Sunday, Nov. 3
- Leave from School of Art parking lot at 10:30 a.m.; return arrival 6:45 p.m. Transportation and museum entry: Members: $25; student/senior citizen non-members: $30; others: $35. Members of the CHM should let NIU Art Museum staff know.
- Registration/payment deadline: Thursday, Oct. 31