Allison Mass, a Northern Lights Ambassador, says the purpose of the day is to make NIU students aware of everything donors have made possible. âWe also want to make sure donors see how much theyâre appreciated,â she says.
Diane Johnson, associate director of donor relations, helped organize the new, student-initiated event.
âIâm so touched and impressed that these students stepped forward to do this,â Johnson says. âI think it really shows that they understand the impact that donors have on campus.â
Hereâs where you can pick up your ribbon:
- Montgomery Hall, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Barsema Hall, 9 a.m. to noon
- Gabel Hall, 10 a.m. to noon
- Music Building, 11 a.m. to noon
- Holmes Student Center, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- MLK Commons, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- DuSable Hall, 9 a.m. to noon
- Engineering Building, 9 to 11 a.m.
- Wirtz Hall, 9 a.m. to noon
In addition, larger ribbons will be tied to the signs of buildings that were made possible by donor contributions.
For more information, call (815) 753-9469 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.