The Center for Affirmative Action and Diversity Resources (AADR) will conduct policy training for new employees on the important issues of non-discrimination, sexual harassment prevention, non-retaliation policies and complaint resolution procedures.
As part of its mission, AADR provides the university and DeKalb community with resources that address diversity, cultural awareness and tools on how to create and maintain an educational and employment environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
This interactive two-hour session provides information regarding:
- Strategies on how to become aware of the responsibility to initiate and preserve a workplace setting that is free of discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliation;
- Specific corrective mechanisms that will help remedy discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliation in the workplace;
- Important information regarding NIU’s non-discrimination, sexual harassment and retaliation policies and complaint procedures.
The training schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, March 12. 10 a.m. to noon; 2 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 13. 10 a.m. to noon; 2 to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 19. 2 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 20. 10 a.m. to noon; 2 to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, March 21. 10 a.m. to noon; 2 to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 26. 10 a.m. to noon.
All sessions take place in Room 178 of the AADR building at 1515 W. Lincoln Hwy. Contact Nikkita Carrington at 753-6037 or firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm a reservation or for more information.