Northern PACT Awareness Week, scheduled from Monday, Feb. 25, through Sunday, March 3, provides an opportunity for the NIU campus community to support and contribute to an environment that is:
JUST: where all people are valued and supported while they learn from the diversity of our community
CARING: where the well-being of all is supported, and service to others is encouraged
OPEN: where freedom of expression is welcomed, and others are respected
DISCIPLINED: where group members accept their responsibility, and expectations guide behavior for the common good
CELEBRATIVE: where traditions are honored, and both past and new rituals are embraced
During Northern PACT Awareness Week 2013, we CELEBRATE our OPENness to diversity through DISCIPLINED learning, JUST choices, and CARING for each other each day.
Awareness activities include:
- Monday, Feb. 25 – Promote the PACT
- DuSable Hall 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Come sign the PACT pledge, pick up your shirt and get a sweet snack to start off your PACT week.
- Tuesday, Feb. 26 – PACT Style
- HSC Gallery 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. through Friday, March 1
- Stop in to the Holmes Student Center Gallery to view the creative side of our DISCIPLINED community.
- Wednesday, Feb. 27 – PACT Community Bystanders
- Neptune Central, Northeast Room, 6 to 8 p.m.
- Attend this special training and learn more about how you can live out your PACT each day.
- Thursday, Feb. 28 – PACT Talent
- Visual Arts Building, Room 100, 7 to 9 p.m.
- We know you are talented, so come share your voice, words, music and dance at PACT Talent night.
- Friday, March 1, – PACT Night at the Huskies Den
- Huskies Den 7 to 9 p.m.
- Wear your DISCIPLINED Northern PACT T-shirt and get free shoe rental and half-price billiards from 7-9 p.m.
- Saturday, March 2 – PACT the House Weekend – Saturday, March 2, 2013
- Convocation Center 7 p.m.
- Men’s Basketball vs. Central Michigan
- Sunday, March 3, 2013
- Convocation Center 3 p.m.
- Women’s Basketball vs. Central Michigan